Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Book Review: The Serpent Bride

Title: The Serpent Bride
Author: Sara Douglass
Genre: Fantasy
Length: 673

Quality Rating: 9
Content Rating: R

I love Sara Douglass. She's one of my favorite authors, and this first installment of the DarkGlass Mountain Trilogy does nothing to ruin my favor of her. This book was awesome. She brings back characters I love (Axis SunSoar of The Wayfarer Redemption Series among others). No one makes me love and hate characters like Sara Douglass does. No one makes me simultaneously love and hate characters like she does (Axis SunSoar being the perfect example of someone I love and hate all the time). All of her high fantasy series are fantastic, and if you've never read Sara Douglass, you should go out right now and buy her books. But don't start with this one. You'll just be confused. Start with The Wayfarer Redemption. (If you're not in the USA it will be called Battleaxe).

This book is rated 'R' for multiple uses of the f word (a surprise in high fantasy), fantasy violence, dark betrayals, and sexual content. Still a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment