Thursday, March 3, 2011

Critiques and Descent

If you're a writer and you don't frequent the blog Miss Snark's First Victim, you don't know what you're missing. It's a great blog for aspiring and established writers to get critiques and see how agents view those crucial first 250 words of your novel.

This week, Authoress--the hostess--is doing a critique called "Drop the Needle" where writers could enter any 250 words from their story as long as it goes along with the theme she presets. This week's theme is revelations.

So why am I telling you all this? Well, for the first time, I was brave enough to try to enter one of her critiques and I got in! Woohoo! And I didn't just send in 250 words from any old story. I sent in 250 words from Descent, the novel whose inspiration I discussed in an earlier post today.

So if you're a friend and want a taste of the new Descent, go check it out my entry. If you're a writer, head over to Miss Snark's First Vicitm and join in the critiquing.

On a slight different note, if you're one of my non-writer friends, please don't offer a critique or comment unless you feel you're opinion is really valid. I don't want a rush of friends on my post saying "I love Mandy! I love everything she writes! Woohoo!". Serious critiques people. That's what Miss Snark's First Victim is about. Serious, helpful, but not snarky, critiques.

No comments:

Post a Comment