Monday, May 14, 2012

The Avengers was Great!

I apologize for not posting last week. I moved from an apartment into a rental house last Tuesday and spent most of last week unloading boxes. But in addition to this small post, you will get a Tuesday and Thursday post this week. 

I saw The Avengers at midnight when it came out, and I felt like I should write a post about it. I kept thinking: what do I want to write about? There are so many great aspects of that movie, like someone finally getting the Hulk right, or Black Widow being an actual person and not a sex object, or that special Joss Whedon touch that adds comedy even into the darkest of situations. That's just a few of the great aspects, so what did I want to write about?

Then yesterday, while unpacking boxes I re-watched Thor, and it hit me. I didn't want to write about the Avengers at all. Not the heroes anyway. I wanted to write about Loki. And more specifically, I wanted to write about the deep personal connection I found to him.

So look forward to a two-part blog post this week. It will contain no spoilers for The Avengers for those of you who haven't seen it (and you should really really really go see it), but will contain extensive spoilers for Thor, which came out ages ago so I don't feel bad about that at all.

Hope everyone has a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment