Thursday, June 21, 2012

Can You Hear the People Sing?


So I'm a sucker for a good revolution. Well, a historical revolution. I'm not sure how I would feel about a revolution affecting my own personal life. But I'm a sucker for stories about revolutions of the past, whether they be American, French, or during the year of 1848. (Come on, who doesn't enjoy the tale of the Second Defenestration of Prague?)

I love studying revolutions. And, as I've said before on this blog, I love musicals. So there are few things I love more than musicals about revolution. I recently bought the soundtrack to the Broadway musical Newsies (not the movie). And boy, it's fantastic. Go listen to it now. Right now. 

Anyway, it inspired me to make a playlist (which I don't often do) called "Let's Start a Revolution". It's a compilation of songs from Les Mis, Newsies, Wicked, and a few other musicals and movie soundtracks. After listening to that soundtrack, I'm ready to go save the world. 

So to share the inspiration, please watch this youtube video of "The World Will Know" from Newsies.


No comments:

Post a Comment