Thursday, July 12, 2012

Not at ComicCon

I love conventions. They're so much fun. I've written a number of posts on my wonderful experiences at Dragon*Con. And I recently went to a very small con here in Albuquerque, the Albuquerque Comic Expo. It was ridiculously tiny compared to Dragon*Con. There were only three panel rooms and only one vendor room. There were entire hours when I had no idea what to do with myself. But I also got to sent in the very front row at the Adam Baldwin panel, so that was awesome.

Anyway, this post isn't about my con experience. It's about the con experience I've never had, except vicariously through other bloggers: ComicCon.

ComicCon is often called nerd prom, though recently many in the geek crowd have decried ComicCon as becoming too mainstream. I'm not really sure what the truth of the matter is since I've never been. Either way, I will spend this week doing what I always do: reading every blogpost made by people at ComicCon and wishing desperately I was there. 

I will probably spend a good portion of this week dreaming of August and the multiple cons I'll have (including legit work conventions). I'll probably spend this week making sure all my costumes are planned. If I can't be at ComicCon, I can at least make sure I'm ready for the cons I'm going to.

Anyone out there reading this from ComicCon? Anyone else reading the blogs, tweets, and updates of people who are there with some intense jealousy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment