Friday, August 31, 2012

Dragon*Con is here!

So I am officially at Dragon*Con and this post is being published in advance.

Every year I like to make goals for Dragon*Con, the things that I must do or have. Everything else is flexible. So what are my goals this year? Glad you asked!
  • Get Richard Dean Anderson's autograph. 
  • Get Connor Trinneer's autograph. I collect fictional engineers, and Connor Trinneer played Trippe in Enterpise. I loved him despite his unnecessary Southern accent. (Really, Trek writers? People in Panama City do not sound like that.)
  • Buy a fancy pocket watch. Specifically, the kind that self-winds from the kinetic energy of the wearer's movements. Also, one that you can see the inside clockwork on. I know Dragon*Con has them. I've seen them before, and my crappy pocket watch has annoyed me enough.
  • Buy a geeky T-Shirt. I do this every year.
  • Get a copy of Legion and have Brandon Sanderson sign it, if available. Legion is a new novella by Brandon that comes out this weekend. A booth is supposed to have it. Hopefully, I can get my hands on a copy. :)
  • Eat at that one restaurant that let's their waiters cosplay. I can never remember the name of it, but its right next to the Dragon*Con hotels. My parents and I eat there every year. 
  • Hang out with friends and have a good time.
So that's it! My goals. Short and sweet!

If you are at Dragon*Con, I hope you are having a fantastic time. If you're not, I hope you have a great Labor Day weekend whatever you are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment